Monday 3 July, 6:00 PM - City Hall
The welcome drink will be offered by the city council in the reception hall of the town hall, after a short welcome word from one of the city council elected representative.
You will have the pleasure of hearing a short concert by the Maîtrise de Bretagne, a vocal ensemble of young singers aged 10 to 15 members of the Regional Conservatory of Music. Under the direction of choirmaster Mrs Maud Hamon-Loizance, they will interpret a selection of songs from Brittany and around the world.
To close the conference, we have organised an event combining Breton culture with a commitment to contemporary culture and festivities.
The Triangle homes the Dance Cultural Centre: what better place to spend a wonderful evening? The city of Rennes has chosen to locate a significant proportion of its cultural facilities in the city's priority neighbourhoods for social and cultural development.
Le Triangle brings the regional, national and international amateur and professional dance scene closer to local residents in the Blosne district, one of Rennes' popular housing estates. We've chosen to invite you, sociologists, to discover these social and cultural dynamics through this festive occasion.
- 6:30 PM: Gourmet aperitif with regional drinks and galettes
- 7:00 to 8:PM: Discovery of Breton cultural heritage (recognised by UNESCO) proposed by the Cercle Celtique de Rennes. Learn to distinguish between the Breton language and Gallo, try your hand at popular games such as shuffleboard or turning the galette on the billig, find out why and how the "gwen a du" became the regional flag, and discover the musical difference between the biniou and the bombarde. You might even get the chance to sing one of the traditional "chants à répondre", or become an expert Andro dancer!
- 8:00 PM: Breton galette dinner
- 9:15 PM: Fest Noz! The live music group ZicdAstour will teach you the main Breton dances in a festive atmosphere.
- 10:15 PM: Rock-soul-afro-summer rhythms will bring this dance party to a close.
- 11:30 PM: Time to sleep!